Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Obedience


Date: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:44 PM


Hi Friends and Family,

Lots of thoughts. Lots of good things this past week. Lots and lots of love for each one of you. I do love you so very much. So as much as I want to tell you about everything this past week I want to focus on three conversations I had. One with my Mission President's wife, one with Andrew and another with a man named Matt. 

This conversation with Sister Passey went through many subjects over the course of a short period of time. But she was training me on Sister Training Leader duties. And we found ourselves talking about being happy, having charity, getting along and having joy. How those are the greatest desires I have in serving the Sisters I working with. Then I mentioned it being a pipe dream in some cases. But she offered a perspective that struck me that if we are all obedient we'd get along. Usually hearing the O word, I would cringe but over the past two-3 months I have began to desire that more in my life. And I have seen how people I didn't get along with, I love now. There was profound truth and we then talked about the change of heart that comes when we understand why we are obedient and all of those good things. Still a great work in progress but a good thought. 

Andrew is someone we met that night. He is not a member and has some bitter feelings towards God. As we talked to him and began to understand how he got to this place we were better able to love him. Share Heavenly Father's love for him. And be quite blunt and honest with him about the truths of certain things. There is just power in getting to know someone, really, personally. And then having the courage to ask the hard questions. 

Matt and I talked about grief. And the loss of ideas, dreams, people, times, places, memories and a way of life. Just grief. And the biggest impact from that conversation, through the tears, was coming to understand that the greater the capacity we have for love and have loved, the bigger our grief seems to be. But we have to continue loving to get out of grief safely or we may become changed through the experience. With this conversation I was reminded of Moroni 7 when we are counseled to pray with all the energy of hear to be filled with this love. I would add, even when it hurts. Because then the Spirit will be there to guide you through it.

I love you all.

lovefromAZ
Sister Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment