Monday, October 26, 2015

Forget yourself and go to work

4:31 PM (5 hours ago)

October 26, 2015
Hola!

Be this close to the border for this long and it was bound to happen. :) Hola famila y amigos! I love you all! I wanted to send some fun pictures today to show you just how much it looks like Illinois here...until you see the mountains. Yep! Those mountains take my breath away every time we see them and that is just about every day we drive from Pomerene to St David. I just can't stop telling Sister Harrington how BEAUTIFUL it is here. So pretty much I may need mountains in the rest of my life? 

There were a lot of good things in this last week and Sunday was pretty much the best day of them all. We were able to serve some of the members. Get to meet quite a few people. Be in a trio for a few days while some Sisters were shuffled around and see and feel some miracles happen. Those were so good. There is truth in forgetting yourself and going to work. 

I am grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord full time right now. It is truly the greatest blessing. Though I do it imperfectly and stumble like a child most times. He is good and is there to steady me. I love the Book of Mormon. In the chapters in Alma right now it gets harder to find evidence of the Savior but I have found Him in the actions of others. But it is a searching effort. I love the Savior with all my heart. I am grateful for Him and His infinite atonement with all my heart. It was a sweet morning in early July when I realized that the infinite part included me. When I let it sink into my soul, I felt the light and hope flood into all the spaces of what felt like a dark room. Since then getting to see that light flood into others lives is what has driven being here. 

I love you all so much. Really. 

lovefromAZ
Sister Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment