Saturday, March 28, 2015

New Companion Sis Ferwerda

Mar 19, 2015
to me


Hi Family and Friends, 
It is transfer day already! Got myself a new companion. Sister Ferwerda from Riverton, UT. One of 8 kids. She is super sweet. I think we are both just so tired and ready for sleep. But we are also both inclined to be more quiet...so it will be fun.

I am so sorry to have missed you the past two weeks. It has really been an interesting time here and I am grateful for the gospel. I am grateful for the chance to make eternal friends. To move forward and not look back but carry the love and learning to be better. I am grateful for my Savior. 
 
This past week I wrote my mission president and told him I was going to evaluate those things that I felt were holding me back. I would pray to understand what I do that may lead me to turn away from God. And I found those things...The Spirit... The Spirit let me know when the time was right and it was a very humbling list to sit at the end and say to myself, wow. That is a lot that I have used to harm and how weak they make me. But while I was writing this list I reflected on Ether 12:27 and how as I was being humbled and how I could be strong. I was being humbled because I asked to be and the Lord was being very honest with me. But I am grateful. It gives me the opportunity to be better and do better. I am learning that the Savior can strengthen me. As He said, "without me, ye can do nothing." It is true.

I love you all! Lean on the Lord. Because HE LIVES. The two most joyous words I can ever say. 

Much love, 
Sister Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment