Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 23, 2015

On Monday, March 23, 2015 2:21 PM, Katherine Walter <katherine.walter@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hello!

This past week has been so full of miracles! We were able to find two new investigators! :) But the most important thing was that we have been able to help one of our investigators discover a greater light from Christ in her life. We also were able to help a Sister who just moved into the ward begin to make some friends. We have just been super busy with the Lord's work here in the Campbell area and I feel super blessed to be here. 

I was reading through a lot in the Book of Mormon this week, and I have been consistently impressed with the amount of love and sacrifice that comes when we have faith in the Lord. And that sacrifice can come in the form of a lot of different things, but we usually choose to be obedient to God and His commandments. To try and make out life more similar to Christ's and so many other things that help us center on Him. 

I would invite all of you to check out helives.mormon.org. It is the Church's Easter initiative to help those around us discover the sacrifice that the Savior has made for every one. Remember it isn't just for you or your member friend, it is for absolutely everyone that you meet. Everyone deserves to feel the hope of the Savior in their life. Please share this and your experience with the Savior with someone over the next few weeks. You will bless the life of so many people. 

This past week through talking personally with President Passey and another friend, as well as experiences I have had, I realize the importance of ministering in the Savior's way. All of this work is about people. It is about loving and helping them feel the love that the Savior has for them. Helping them feel heard and cared for. So much in this gospel is about lifting up the hands that hang down and sharing hope. 

Now that I think I have said the same thing about three times, I just want to say that I love you all. I couldn't be more grateful for this time in my life or the work I get to do. 

I hope you all are well!

Much Love,
Sister Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment