Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Exchange adventures on campus

On Monday, February 23, 2015 3:11 PM, Katherine Walter <katherine.walter@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hi Everyone, 

I can't believe how absolutely exhausted I am. I thought I was tired when I finished grad school. Or when I would babysit my Missouri nieces :) lol. But this is something different. On all levels, all day long I am engaged physically, emotionally and spiritually and today I am just so tired. But it really is worth it and I am grateful for it. Because I look at where this past week took me and we worked so hard. 

I had a fun adventure on exchanges this past week. I went to the YSA ward and was on campus all day. That was an adventure doing campus contacting. But with these students we were able to lead into the Gospel with talking about their classes and leading it into faith or families or some topic the my companion and I were prompted to talk about. That was really cool. Never thought I would talk about chemistry, physics or existential philosophy so freely on my mission! :) This day we were able to teach someone from Mozambique, China and a Muslim sister who wants to learn more about American religions. 

Back in my area we were able to meet more with our investigator who is coming up on his baptism. He even had his interview yesterday! That was cool and he was excited. During his lesson last night we talked about his interview and some of the lessons he has learned over the past few months and he kept coming back to when he does what God asks he feels better and more happy. He also said at one point God is so great. It is such a small thing but when you think about what has brought him to this day and time, God is SO great! All of us sitting in that room has had lives that were orchestrated by the Creator to take us to that place and time. We are meant to be learning from each other. 

Also in my Book of Mormon challenge I am in Alma and I really love some of the things I have been learning about the power of following the Lord's pattern and commandments. Alma was really powerful in his ministry on his own. But when he got the 'call' to find Amulek and return to the city, their spiritual power grew! They were able to follow the Lord and even be blessed with the Spirit to be with them unto discerning the thoughts of Zeezrom. How truly powerful of a blessing is it to be faithfully obedient? Like no other really! 

I hope you all have a great week! Be faithfully obedient. :) 

Love, 
Sister Walter 

No comments:

Post a Comment