Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sierra Vista/training

On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:33 PM, Katherine Walter <katherine.walter@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hello all!
How can it almost be the end of another year? Wasn't it just last year and right now I was rushing to finish three 20 page papers at the same time and now I am sitting at the library rushing to finish e-mails to family and trying to express how much I love this place and opportunity I have to serve? (award for longest and most grammatically incorrect sentence?)
I made it through the transfer to stay in Sierra Vista again. I will have been here for a little over 6 months when I am done. Sister Goodwin just got here today and she is SO STELLAR! We talked the whole way back from Tucson and I just love her. I am amazed at how much she has learned in her life and I am so excited to learn from her. She has been out for 5 weeks and I will get to finish training her. But I feel like she will train me! That's the way this goes right? The Lord makes us out of who we are with?!
Anyway, I want to write more but I am out of time. Just know I am well and I love you all so much. Know that I love this gospel so much and that each day getting to learn His ways truly helps me learn more of Him. That the ways we treat those around us reflect how we feel about the Savior and how we have taken Him into our Spirit. And that when we want to retreat in, think about turning outward in service because that is what He would do and we want to try and be like Him no matter how hard. Because He loves us. And succors us. And helps us. We need to let Him.
Sister Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment