Tuesday, December 23, 2014

It's Christmastime 2014

On Monday, December 22, 2014 2:28 PM, Katherine Walter <katherine.walter@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hello Everyone!

I just want to tell you all how much I love an appreciate you. This Christmas season is really helping me to see the opportunity and importance of sharing the gift of our Savior with others around us.

Last Friday we had a Zone Christmas Devotional with President and Sister Passey and they gave us the best gift possible. They gave us each our own copy of the Book of Mormon. They invited us to read it between now and Easter and to look for direction and inspiration on a theme or topic. I felt prompted to study faith and obedience. Just within the introduction and the testimonies, I have learned a lot. They told us that as we study the Book of Mormon with a question or topic in mind, then we will have the Spirit teach us. And taking this challenge in this short time will open up the opportunity for a closer relationship with the Savior.

I am so excited for this challenge and to learn in such a cool way. I truly love the Passeys and am grateful for them in my life.

I am excited to spend this Christmas serving the Lord. I know it may be slower, I know it may be hard this week. But any time in the Lord's service is the right time. And He will be right there with us.

I would invite each of you to read 1 Nephi 11 this week and focus on the love of God, the gift we receive in our Savior Jesus Christ. And as you do, re-watch He Is the Gift. Or watch it for the first time. It is amazing.

Again I love you all. Merry Christmas. 

Sister Walter 

No comments:

Post a Comment