Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Storage shopping

On Monday, October 27, 2014 1:23 PM, Katherine Walter <katherine.walter@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Is it already the end of October?
So this transfer and Month have absolutely flown by!

So this first part is for my Mom and Dad. But I just wanted to let you know that I am taken care of. :) There is a Sister in the ward who gives the most wonderful "mom" hugs and she is just so loving. You would really like her Mom. And there is another Sister who helps us out with some necessities when we need them, she is kind of like you with the Elders (go shop my storage ;) ). It is truly a blessing to be a part of this ward.
We had Zone conference on Friday and were able to see Meet the Mormons! ...half of it :) There was a mix up on the start time of the conference. Our whole zone was told 10 am and the others were told 9 am...whoops. :) But it was still amazing, and I can't wait to be able to see the first half some day after my mission.
The conference was also about conversion. About us seeking Christ and coming closer to Him. And how once we are converted we need to strengthen our brethren. The talk was called Be Ye Converted by Sis Oscarson. I hope you get a chance to read it. I'd love to hear some of your conversion stories afterwards-Some ways you have come to know Christ more personally.
We have a family that we are teaching, Brother and Sister M. The wife and their children are working toward baptism in December and I am hoping that I will get to stay one more transfer and get to be here for that! It would be amazing to be able to see Brother M baptize his family. They are all working so hard, and I love them so much.
We are teaching a few other members and have some great goals for this week! We have faith that the Lord with help us as we ACT on them and on His direction.
I love you all!!
Sister Walter

PS If you have written me a paper letter, and I have not gotten back to you, I just learned there is a Sister Walker in the mission who has been getting some of my mail, and we are trying to get them from her to me this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment