Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Get to stay in Sierra Vista 6 more weeks!

On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:44 PM, Katherine Walter <katherine.walter@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hi friends and family,
I officially survived my first transfer! And the Lord has decided to keep my in Sierra Vista with Sister Cook. I really love it here and have started to come in to my own with relationships with investigators, families we are working with, members of the ward we work with and others. Truly this is a blessed work. That is probably the hardest work I have ever done but is the best thing I have done with my life.
I have used a lot from conflict resolution lately which I wish I could tell Eben and David about. :) I think they would love the stories. Get a big kick out of how things work in a mission culture.
There have been so many great moments from this last week. I would say the greatest has to be seeing Bro G getting baptized on Saturday. We had been teaching him since I got to the area and he has just been so excited the whole time. Really such a pure soul. To see him get baptized and then receive the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday was such a privilege. He is one that when he would answer questions or share his testimony I would feel blessed to be in his presence. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for him.
Also, Sister Cook and I just had some good experiences of having planned for the day and then feeling directed in a different direction so we would take that direction and know that is where we needed to be. There has been a time or two where we have tried to control our days but when we sincerely ask the Lord what He needs us to do that day, He takes us there and prepares our spirits through what we may have studied that morning or heard through church talks or some conference talk I turned on that morning while we were getting ready. It is a gift to seek to do the Lord's will.
I am amazed by the capacity to love and try to love in the Lord's way. Even when I am hearing or seeing something that absolutely breaks my heart I truly am loving the person there more than I may have before. The Lord has a way to extend and grow our capacities in ways that sometimes hurt us a lot and I learned that this week. But then he tells us how much we are the only that could have handled that situation so it had to be that way.
I don't know if that made sense, I just know that God lives that that He truly is our loving Father. He has provided us with the gospel of Jesus Christ to help bind our wounds both physical and spiritual. I know that we have a living prophets today who lead our church and we get to HEAR from them this weekend! Yay!! :)
I love you all and pray you have a great week.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment