Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sierra Vista week 5-Creepy Crawlies

September 15, 2014
Hi all,

Umm...So I saw my first two tarantulas this past week! Gross. Honestly one was the size of a small cat. The man was holding it on his arm petting it! ugh I may never forget it. And I saw my first scorpion. Yep the desert has real creepy crawlies.
So we had a few amazing things yesterday. Not to say that this week hasn't still been so very hard. It seems that the longer the work goes, the harder it gets. But miracles are still very real. God truly blesses His children.
First miracle. A Sister we have been able to meet with a few times who has had some questions of the heart came to church yesterday with her two daughters! Through much prayer of many people in the ward the Lord helped her. She seemed to have some bright moments. We are looking forward to meet with her again to see how it went.
Second. Another Sister we are meeting with who is returning to the church came yesterday and she asked aboutu her records being in the ward. A few minutes after she asked, she was read in as a new member. She felt so happy and loved being there! The ward is so amazing at welcoming people.
Third. We have a baptism coming up on the 27th and he had his interview on Saturday. I have never seen a smile so big and pure on someone's face. He is such a good spirit. He had been worried about making friends. But he went to priesthood yesterday and was mister popular after church yesterday! Really so many of the brothers were asking if they could come and asking about him. Just reaching out to be a friend.
It was amazing. I feel like Alma in Alma 36:21. Never before have I had such exquisite sorrows and exquisite joys at the same time. There is so much God and good and so much pain and Satan.
But I do have a testimony today for you all that I know God is real and that He loves us and that the mere facts of these miracles happening is evidence enough.
I do love you all. The work is good. 

Sister Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment