Tuesday, February 18, 2014

abide with me


This reminds me of so many things. But I will stick with the most important thoughts in my heart. There are so many times in life where things are so challenging. We may be in a field where people take from us emotionally, physically and spiritually. We may be in a field where we give so much of our spirits and all that is in us. We may do work that requires us to see and study scenes like the ones portrayed in this video clip. How do we get through it? How do we get through the times where so much of us is gone and expended for others? How do we make it to the next moment?

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I have gone through many phases of figuring out how I get through things. At this time in my life I am striving to turn to the Lord. I strive to make Him a part of each day and decision. I strive to see others with love and openness. Not openness in the way the world defines it, but openness meaning open to their spirit. I try to care for those around me in the way that I know how. I open my heart in prayer to God to express my soul exhaustion and pray for strength to get to the next moment in patience for those I am with. I open and read some from my scriptures. I journal. I seek improvement through serving. I seek improvement by trying to be proactive when I know I am about to follow a path that won't lead to joy.

There are many things that happen in the world that can harden us. Just a few weeks ago I was experiencing moments of this. But in the end, this scripture in Alma came to me while in the temple pondering the darkness and heaviness in my heart.

"3. And now, O my son Helaman, behold, though art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.
5. Now, behold, I say unto you, if I had not been born of God I should not have known these things; but God has, by the mouth of his holy angel, made these things known unto me, not of any worthiness of myself;"

No comments:

Post a Comment