Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

Each year I watch Band of Brother's and reflect during Veteran's Day weekend. I will try and spend time out, appreciating our Veteran's. This year I've been trying to do this all month. Yesterday I had the privilege of being able to be at the World Trade Center Memorial in NYC. All weekend I saw military personnel throughout the city. A pride, yes pride, swelled within my chest that people still wish to sacrifice and serve this country.

While walking into the Memorial, there were so many men and women in their uniforms. I teared up at the back drop of seeing these amazing individuals against something that represented why some signed up. I smiled, thanked a few and continued in through the gate. All throughout the memorial, in each name that belongs to a Veteran who died on 9/11, a yellow rose was placed there. It was quite a beautiful and full of sorrow.

I am grateful for the peaceful and reflective experience this past weekend, especially yesterday, offered me to honor this Nation's Veterans. Thank you all. Your sacrifice is not lost on me. I pray that it never will be.

I am eternally grateful to my Grandpa, Uncles, cousin's husband, sister-in-law's dad and sister, friends, friend's spouses...and the list continues of amazing people I have had the privilege of knowing and those I will never know.





No comments:

Post a Comment