Sunday, May 26, 2013

Country Music, Home, Temple, Family and Friends.

A few random thoughts:

I came home for a job for the summer. It is a great opportunity to get exposure to the business side of the work force. It is also giving me the opportunity to reach out and help people in a different way. I am getting to use some of my conflict resolution skills. I have to admit I enjoyed talking to people way more than I thought I would. I still get a little nervous, but thank goodness this week is still training.

I go through stages in my music listening. I usually stick to one genre at a time. But these past three or so months, I have just had all my songs on shuffle without a playlist. I loooooved it! I forget how amazing my music is, haha! I honestly never feel happier than when a song I forgot about comes on and it is like hearing it all over again. This time I think it was Where the Green Grass Grows by Tim McGraw. It just made me smile so much! So I ended up just pulling up all my country songs and just listening to them for a few days. Country music makes me so happy! It makes me think of when I was a kid, and driving down the country roads at home and family. Right now I am actually watching the Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer Night special on YouTube. Needless to say I have been smiling a lot. There is just so much in my memory tied to country music.

I went to the temple for myself, for the first time yesterday. There is so much I could write and so much I feel that is so amazing, but I just want to say I am so so so so happy right now. It was so great.

I have a pretty amazing family. From my immediate to extended family. They are all such a blessing in my life.

Finally, I have been blessed with some of the best friends ever. Yesterday was an experience shared with some of them and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Except maybe to see some more family and a few more friends. :) But they are all so amazing! I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Katie! Why did I not know that you loved Country music before this? We should have listened to it all during Summer 2011! I am so glad you went to the temple! Isn't it amazing! I want to talk to you! Hopefully we can Skype soon so I can see your beautiful face! Let me know! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, too. And we honor your accomplishments.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete