Saturday, March 9, 2013

Believing Christ

Wow. God is amazing. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I know His Spirit is real and I feel the presence so strongly in my life. I know the Book of Mormon was written by real, inspired men who received inspiration from the Lord. I know that the Bible holds witnesses of many miracles and was also written by real men. I know the Bible contains so many accounts by Christ's disciples of the lessons He taught. I know and have faith that the Atonement changes, transforms, heals lives and so much more!

But, I also believe these things. I believe in each item with all my heart and soul. I have experienced personally in my life the transformative power of the Grace of Christ through His Atonement. I believe that the Atonement is for everyone. I believe that everyone can experience the life changing effects of coming unto Christ.

I have been reading through a book called Believing Christ by Stephen Robinson. There is a part early in there that states something so simple and so profound. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we know the Atonement is real and know how it can change and heal others. We know that the Savior died for us and His Atonement is for everyone...but me (you). That made me so contemplative. It made me wonder how that thought could occur to someone, then I remember that I often have felt that same thing. I would just like to share that I know and believe in the Atonement and of the power it can and does have in all of our lives.

I pray that we all will be willing to work on our relationship with our Savior and come to know His love for us and the role the Atonement can play in our lives; if we believe.


Link to an amazing talk about the Atonement: http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1966

No comments:

Post a Comment